On this page, you will find book club discussion questions for my novels. I love it when book clubs select my books to read. I always gain new insights into how my readers perceive my books and what they like and dislike about them. Sometimes, I even gain insights into my own subconscious thoughts through my readers’ analysis of my books.
I am open to scheduling a reading or discussion with your book club by Facebook Live, Skype or conference call.
Discussion Questions for “Just Dreams”
- How did you experience “Just Dreams”? Were you engaged immediately, or did it take you a while to get into the book?
- What was unique about the setting of “Just Dreams”? How did it enhance or take away from the story?
- Do the characters seem real and believable? Can you relate to their predicaments? To what extent do they remind you of yourself or someone you know?
- Did the characters change or evolve over the course of the story? What events triggered those changes?
- Did it bother you that Charles and Kathy were involved in a technically unethical relationship (by legal standards)?
- Did it bother you that they fell in love while he was still in the process of avenging the death of his wife and unborn child?
- Did certain parts of the book make you uncomfortable? If so, why did you feel that way?
- How did you feel about the characters? Whom did you like or not like and why?
- What did you think of the ending?
- In a movie version, who would play what parts?
- Is the plot of “Just Dreams” well developed? Is it believable? Did you feel manipulated along the way, or did the plot events unfold naturally, organically?
- If you were to talk with the author, what would you want to know?